What the CEO Wants You to Know: Building Business AcumenDo employees know how they impact your bottom line? Today’s modern employees are increasingly specialized to have the most impact, but with a focused skill set and educational background, they lose out on a deeper understanding of how organizations operate as a whole.
Employees must understand how your organization operates to maximize their efforts. This crucial business solution, based on the book What the CEO Wants You to Know by Ram Charan, draws on the knowledge gained from years of working with Fortune 100 CEOs, and in stills C-level insights in your employees so they can align their efforts to your business goals and maximize your bottom line. When employees understand how their organization operates, they can better align their efforts and decisions to benefit your bottom line.
We believe that every employee needs to understand what is required to run a business, where his or her job fits into the big picture, and how he or she contributes to the organization.
Core competencies of Building Business Acumen employees will learn:Five Essential Elements of Business
- Understand how cash is generated and why it’s critical.
- Understand margin and the importance of making money and being profitable.
- Understand velocity and the process through which you can turn inventory or capital.
- Understand what creates growth and why.
- Understand the simple reasons customers buy from some businesses and not from others.
Navigating an Annual Report
- Understand what the purpose of the annual report is.
- Understand the key components of this report.
- Learn how the price/earnings ratio is calculated and used.
- Link initiatives to the five essential elements of business.